Bare Bones Software today announced the release and immediate availability of Super Get Info 1.0.1. Super Get Info is a file and folder info utility for Mac OS X, offering more and better features than the "Show Info" command provided by the Mac OS X Finder.
Super Get Info allows the user to open one information window for each selected Finder item, so that multiple selected items can be viewed and edited discretely. It also allows the user to view and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file; view and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for any file or folder; and change a fileis creation and modification dates.
New and improved features provided by this update include:
- Apply ownership and access permission changes to all items within a folder.
- "Open Hidden" command to get info for invisible files and folders, including packages.
- Preview panel displays the contents of many types of files, including many documents, any QuickTime content, and common image formats.
- More efficient tiling of multiple Info windows
- Allows changing the "invisible" attribute of files and folders.
- Displays additional info on disk volumes, including space used and available, and number of items on disk.
Super Get Info is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Bare Bones Sofware Web site.