Niemeijer Consult has released an update for SwitchXS, bringing it to version 1.5. SwitchXS is a one-click cursor utility designed for mobility and motor impaired users. The update features several enhancements including support for speech cueing and mulitple monitors. According to Niemeijer Consult:
Niemeijer Consult today announced the release of SwitchXS(R) 1.5.
SwitchXS provides virtually complete access to Mac OS X and all standard Mac applications for people who can only use a single switch. It offers full mouse and keyboard emulation by means of a so-called scanning mode. With each click on the switch the user selects an action, such as "move the cursor up" or "type B", from a "scanning" menu.
Version 1.5 represents a major update with the following main new features:
- Adds the much requested speech-cueing during scanning
- Provides new functions for moving the cursor in an arbitrary direction and moving the scan panel
- Adds fully customizable key repeat
- Provides additional effort saving customizable settings for controlling scanning and mouse movement
- Adds support for multiple monitor setups
- Includes new and improved scanning panels, including a dedicated Web browsing panel
- Plus many other enhancements
You can find more information about the SwitchXS update at the Niemeijer Consult Web site. The SwitchXS update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$150.00.