T-Squared Software has released an update for FootTrack, bringing it to version 1.3. FootTrack is a utility designed for the cataloging and compression of video footage. The update features improved drag-and-drop support and menu/viewer enhancements. According to T-Squared Software:
T-SQUARED SOFTWARE RELEASES FOOTTRACK 1.3.
FootTrack is a new application built for Mac OS X that allows you to catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Once you catalog all your video tape footage with our application, any clip on any tape is just a search away. With itis easy to use interface youill wonder how you ever got along without FootTrack.
FootTrack works equally well if you have the space to keep all your DV footage on your hard drive, or you want to compress it and keep all your tape footage close at hand . A 60 minute tape of digital video takes up approximately 12.5GB of disk. When compressed in FootTrack it takes approximately 180MB including images for each clip.
Whatis new for version 1.2:
- Drag/drop has been improved in most every way
- The Movie viewer window is now resizable
- Each clip has a contextual menu now. You can set the clipis category, view the DV or compressed clip or delete the compressed clip (to recompress using a different quality setting)
- You can now choose the compression quality from the compress window. It defaults to your preferred quality setting but lets you choose a new one more easily
- You can now sort your tapes by name (File -> Sorting -> Sort by Tapes by Name)
You can find more information about the FootTrack update at the product home page. FootTrack 1.3 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$29.95.