T-Squared Software has released an update for FootTrack, bringing it to version 1.02. FootTrack is a utility designed for the cataloging and compression of video footage. The update features PAL video support and other enhancements. According to T-Squared Software:
T-SQUARED SOFTWARE RELEASES FOOTTRACK 1.02
FootTrack is a new application built for Mac OS X that allows you to catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Once you catalog all your video tape footage with our application, any clip on any tape is just a search away. With itis easy to use interface youill wonder how you ever got along without FootTrack.
FootTrack works equally well if you have the space to keep all your DV footage on your hard drive, or you want to compress it and keep all your tape footage close at hand . A 60 minute tape of digital video takes up approximately 12.5GB of disk. When compressed in FootTrack it takes approximately 180MB including images for each clip.
FootTrack 1.02 following features:
- Full Dutch language translation (thanks to Paul Bánsági <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Improved date display for countries other than US and Canada
- Full PAL video support: now reads the timecode and date recorded info from PAL DV footage
- New metal look to go along with the iLife applications we are complementing
- More robust when importing non DV footage (though still not officially supported)
- Minor bug fixes
You can find more information about the FootTrack update at the product home page. FootTrack 1.02 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$29.95.