Taylor Design has updated their text editor/cleaner, TextSpresso, to version 1.7.2. TextSpresso allows users to "clean" text, such as email or attachments, to remove unnecessary characters for easier readability. TextSpresso also allows users to prepare text for transport via e-mail to another platform, insuring the document is readable once it reaches its destination. According to Taylor Design:
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner. TextSpresso includes over 160 filters and can handle a wide range of tasks, including:
- Cleaning up E-mails, Web pages, MIME text documents, and other text retrieved from the Internet.
- Preparing text for the Internet to insure that it is readable regardless of transport method or end destination. TextSpresso can prepare Mac text, which may contain Internet incompatible special characters and formatting, for E-mail, Usenet, and message boards.
- Performing fast, multi-pattern data extraction, such as extracting URLis from a web page.
- Converting cross platform text files between Mac and PC with highly accurate and complete special character preservation.
- Preparing text documents for publishing in HTML on the World Wide Web.
- Preparing documents for print publishing. TextSpresso can reformat text so that it looks good in print and obeys many of the common spacing and character rules of graphic design, saving publishers a great deal of time and money.
- Whatever you need. TextSpresso lets users create new filters using 9 different core filter types including pattern matching, MultiFilter, and Data Extraction.
TextSpresso is flexible and powerful without being hard to use, making it ideal for both professional and casual use. TextSpresso is especially well suited for publishers, Web designers, mail list administrators, and other professional users who require exceptional flexibility and performance in their daily text processing. Itis low in price and easy to use for the casual user. Yet itis flexible enough to serve professional users and replace multiple competing text cleaners, some costing up to three times as much.
TextSpresso is available for US$29. You can find more information at the Taylor Design web site.