The Coriolis Group has announced the publication of a new book by author Gene Steinberg, "The Mac OS X Little Black Book." Mr. Steinberg is the author of 20 previously published books on computers and the Internet, and is currently a columnist for Arizona Central and his own Mac Night Owl Web site.. According to The Coriolis Group:
This book is designed for System administrators needing to deploy the new OS on their networks; and beginner to advanced Mac users upgrading to Mac OS X. Features include:
- Detailed instruction on installation and step-by-step information on setting up user preferences.
- Introduces the new Finder with various preferences and shortcuts and advises on how to organize your Mac desktop for maximum efficiency.
- Shows you how to set up Mac OS X for multiple users, along with a description of passwords and keychain setups.
- Covers networking, integration of LANs with Internet networking capabilities and file sharing.
- Teaches you how to install new programs under the new Mac OS.
- Explores Appleis iTools and the latest on AppleScript.
The book is 528 pages and sells for US $29.99 and Canadian $44.99. It is available now from The Coriolis Group home page.