BKeeney Software has released a new version of BK Task Timer, bringing it to version 2.0. BK task Timer is a is a time metering app designed for professionals using hourly contract labor. The new version features several enhancements including MySQL support and a new database backend. According to BK Task Timer:
BK Task Timer (formerly BK Project Timer) version 2.0 is now available from BKeeney Software Inc.
BK Task Timer 2.0 is an easy-to-use timer that helps users keep track of their time spent on projects and the tasks associated with those projects. Tasks can be global or project specific. Preference settings allow the user to modify the type of information to report including rounding, minimum time to report and what fields to show. Reports can be displayed, printed and exported into a variety of formats for use with other programs.
Among the new features in Task Timer 2.0:
- Completely new database backend
- Support for MySQL database servers
- Tasks can be assigned to specific projects or kept global
- Supports multiple users on the same machine
- Exporting of reports into text, Microsoft Word and Excel
- An auto-stop feature if you forget to stop the timer after a user-specified amount of idle time (also includes a hot-spot area to deactivate feature)
- Auto comment function to force the user to give details of the timed event
- A round up/down and minimum reportable time function for reports
- An elapsed time display in the main window
- A rewritten report engine
- Archive/Restore of Data
- Ability to add an event from anywhere within the application
- An import function for version 1.x users
You can find more information about latest BK Task Timer release at the BKeeney Software Web site. Task Timer 2.0 is available for US$15.00.