Northern Softworks has released an update for Trash X, bringing it to version 1.3. Trash X is a trashcan utility designed for shredding and deleting files. The update includes performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Northern Softworks:
Northern Softworks today announced the release of version 1.3 of Trash X, its new shareware Trashcan for the Mac OS X desktop.
Trash X is a fully functional trashcan for Mac OS X. Extremely simple to use, it functions just like the classic Mac OS Trashcan - files and folders dropped on it are moved to the trash, and disks droppped on it are ejected. In addition, it also features numerous functions for the power user.
Whatis New in Trash X 1.3?
Version 1.3 of Trash X adds or improves the following:
- File shredding overwrite passes is now user configurable
- Trash X can now empty Classic Mac OS trashes
- Trash X can now empty OS X trashes as root
- Trash X can manually run OS X system maintenance scripts
- Trash X now properly shreds files larger than 2 GB
- Trash X now properly shreds freespace in excess of 2 GB
- Finder now receives a proper update event from Trash X
- Minor cosmetic bugfixes
You can find more information about the Trash X update at the Northern Softworks Web site. Trash X 1.3 is available for US$6.95.