Uni Software Plus announced the immediate availability of the new version 1.3.2 of its popular control panel PopChar Pro. The new version is a maintenance release which fixes for the following problems:
- Clicking PopChar Prois floating window while a pop-up menu was open caused the current application to hang.
- PopChar Prois floating window caused crashes and freezes in AppleWorks 6.
- PopChar Pro now works with Microsoft Office 2001 (see the PopChar Pro Useris Guide for details).
- PopChar Pro didnit insert selected characters when Window Monkey was also installed under Mac OS 9.1.
- The keyboard equivalents and the ordinal number displayed in the PopChar Pro menu were not properly redrawn when certain Kaleidoscope schemes were used.
- Under certain circumstances, the PopChar Pro Installer displayed a false virus alert.
What is PopChar Pro?
PopChar Pro makes "typing" of unusual characters easy without having to remember keyboard combinations. It installs a menu that shows all characters available in the current font. Any character can be inserted in the current document by simply selecting it from the menu.
The update is free to registered users and PopChar Pro is available for US$29. You can find more information about it at Uni Software Plusi site. We want to thank the Observers who commented on the band in the comment. :-)