USB Overdrive beta has been released, bringing it to version 4. USB Overdrive is a USB device driver designed to add more functionality to devices including mouse and trackballs. The latest version ships with performance enhancements including AutoScroll support and a System Pref shortcut. According to Alessandro Levi Montalcini:
The fourth Mac OS X public beta of my USB Overdrive mouse and joystick driver is now available. This beta is for Mac OS X 10.1.2 and later and only supports mouse and trackball devices.
The final version of the USB Overdrive X will soon be distributed as shareware through Kagi. Users of the Mac OS 9 version who registered after the release of Mac OS X are entitled to a free upgrade using the same code they already received.
NEW IN BETA 4:
- Added AutoScroll support
- Added Accelerated Scrolling support
- Added Use Global Settings support
- Added a shortcut to the USB Overdrive in the System Preferences
- Fixed problems with keystrokes or mouse clicks not being released when switching from one application to another
- Improved the list of connected devices and the device information window
- Fixed problems with multiple login items or multiple copies of the USBOverdriveHelper running at the same time.
You can find more information about the beta release of USB Overdrive at the Alessandro Levi Montalcini Web site. USB Overdrive will be available for US$20.00.