Keywords are a great way to help keep all of the picture you store in iPhoto organized. You can quickly narrow down a long list of images to just what you want - as long as you remember to assign keywords ahead of time. Hereis how:
- Click the keyword button in the lower left corner of the iPhoto window. That displays your keyword list.
- Drag images from your iPhoto library onto a keyword. Dragging the same images onto another keyword lets you assign multiple keywords to those pictures.
Dragging photos onto keywords links them together.
To view images based on keywords do this:
- Select your iPhoto library or an album from the Source list.
- Click the keyword button if your keywords arenit visible.
- Click a keyword, or Shift-click multiple keywords to display the associated images. Clicking a highlighted keyword deselects it.
Select a keyword to view the associated images.
If the default keyword list doesnit suit your needs, go ahead and change it.
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences.
- Select the Keywords tab.
- Click the plus button to add new keywords. To remove a keyword, select it, and then click the minus button.
Add, delete, and rename keywords in iPhotois preferences.
iPhotois keyword feature is just fine for some, but there are a lot of people that feel thereis plenty of room for improvement. If thatis you, check back on Monday when I talk about the iPhoto plug-in Keyword Assistant.<!--#include virtual="/includes/newsite/series/quicktip.shtml"-->