Virtual Programming Ltd. has released a new Virtual Grand Prix 2 demo for Mac gamers. Virtual Grand Prix is a 3D racing game set in the high speed world of the Indy car circuit. The demo ships with support for one full track and force feedback controllers. According to Virtual Programming:
Virtual Programming Ltd. Are pleased to announce the availability of the demo of Virtual Grand Prix 2, by Alassoft.
This demo is released as OS9 and OSX (10.2.3 or higher) compatible. It allows the user to race on a single track, and features full force feedback support.
The full version will be released in the coming weeks, and has the following features:
- State of the art OpenGL-based 3d engine
- 16/24 bit output user-selectable
- Real-time LOD reduction with distance for constant framerate
- Real-time lighting f/x (lights, shadows, specularity, etc.)
- Real-time translucency/reflection f/x
- Advanced Sound f/x engine especially designed for VGP2
- iPit-Radioi digitized speech for real-time interaction with the user during race
- and more...
You can find more information about the Virtual Grand Prix 2 demo at the Virtual Programming Ltd. Web site. The full version is slated for release in the next few weeks.