Fourth World has released an update for WebMerge, bringing it to version 2.3. WebMerge is a Web development app designed for creating static Web pages. The update features several enhancements including multiple search-and replace operations and a TagMaker utility. According to Fourth World:
Fourth World today released 4W WebMerge 2.3, an upgrade to its popular tool for Mac OS and Windows that generates static Web pages from database or spreadsheet data.
WebMerge works with any database or spreadsheet that exports in tab-delimited, Merge, or other tabular format, including FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Access, and AppleWorks. Using HTML template pages created by the user, WebMerge makes a new HTML page from the data in each record of the exported file.
The new version provides a convenient TagMaker utility for point-and-click tag writing, search-and-replace options in field tags, preset delimiters for parsing affiliate program data feeds, a debugger tool, and other new features.
New features in WebMerge 2.3 include:
- A New Replace attribute for the WM-Field tag lets you perform multiple search-and replace operations on field data before itis inserted into the page
- The TagMaker window lets you construct WebMerge tags with your field names quickly and easily with a point-and-click interface
- The Debugger window lets you step through WebMergeis generation process to help diagnose errors in your templates
- Plug-In Tools architecture allows third parties to write custom utilities that run within WebMerge, and allows Fourth World to extend the product between releases
- New preset delimiters make it easier to parse many common affiliate program data feeds
You can find more information about the WebMerge update at the FourthWorld Web site. WebMerge 2.3 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$69.00.