Computer Support has released an update for Xupport, bringing it to version 2.1. Xupport is a configuration utility designed to provide GUI for manual configuration. The update adds several enhancements including new preferences and expanded maintenancec job support. According to Computer Support:
Xupport 2.1 released.
The "Swiss Army Knife" for Mac OS X. Xupport is a graphical user interface to configure many hidden Mac OS X and Unix options. It provides many functions to maintain, optimize, backup, clean, hack, enhance and secure Mac OS X.
New in Xupport 2.1:
- New: Maintenance jobs can be run in queue
- New: Maintenance jobs now run in background (Xupport can be used while running)
- New: Shutdown option for maintenance and backup jobs
- New: Preference setting for enabling "xupport" as shell command
- Bugfix: Prevents Xupport losing log connection when running maintenance jobs
- Bugfix: Displays the backup log correctly (broke in Mac OS 10.3.4)
- Some other minor bugfixes and improvements
You can find more information about the Xupport update at the Computer Support Web site. Xupport 2.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$20.00.