Zonic has released an update for Chameleon, bringing it to version 1.0.1. Chameleon is a utility designed for transforming digital images into abstract art peices. The update features support for OS 10.2 and a few bug fixes. According to Zonic:
Zonic are pleased to announce the release of Chameleon 1.0.1, an update to their innovative application for transforming ordinary digital photographs into works of art.
Starting from a single photograph, Chameleon can generate a wide variety of images in a range of artistic styles. Chameleon comes with 18 effects including Oil Painting, Chalk Drawing, Halftone, Mosaic, and Stubble Brush. By combining effects, truly unique and stunning images can be created.
Changes for Chameleon 1.0.1 include:
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.2
- Improved effect appearance with large images
- Images are now scaled to avoid clipping when printing
- Fixed bug where Mosaic effect could fail on very wide/tall images
- Fixed bug when running on volumes with "/" in their name
- Fixed several crashing bugs on dual-processor systems
You can find more information about the Chameleon update at the Zonic Web site. The Chameleon update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$19.95.