Apple plans to launch the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in 36 more countries and territories by the end of October with Israel, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, Greece, Bosnia, and more on the list. The company expects to have its new iPhone models in more than 115 countries by the end of the year, making this its most agressive rollout so far.
Apple bringing iPhone 6 to 36 more countries by the end of the month
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were released in the U.S. on September 19 after strong pre-ordere sales. Apple reported selling over 10 million units over the launch weekend, and the company is calling this current launch cycle it's "fastest ever."
Apple's current launch schedule includes:
- Friday, October 17: China, India and Monaco
- Thursday, October 23: Israel
- Friday, October 24: Czech Republic, French West Indies, Greenland, Malta, Poland, Reunion Island and South Africa
- Thursday, October 30: Bahrain and Kuwait
- Friday, October 31: Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, South Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Thailand
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the UK and the US Virgin Islands.
The new models sport the largest smartphone screens so far from Apple at 4.7-inches for the iPhone 6 and 5.5-inches for the iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C both come with a 4-inch display.
Apple's latest iPhones also include a faster A8 processor and M8 motion co-processor, better graphics, faster WiFi, improved cameras, Apple Pay support, and more. Pricing starts at US$199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 64GB version, and $399 for 128GB storage.