The release notes included in Software Update are relatively succinct, but the patch notes in the KnowledgeBase article for the update are much more detailed, and we’re including them here:
The Aperture 3.1.3 Update addresses overall stability and performance. This update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3. Minor issues addressed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improves reliability of library rebuild and repair operations in Aperture Library First Aid.
- Aperture now automatically rebuilds image thumbnails after a library is restored from a Time Machine backup.
- Resolves an issue that, in rare cases, could cause imports from iPhone 4 to not complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Olympus E-5 image thumbnails to appear with black borders in the Import window.
- Metadata presets are now correctly applied to imported audio files.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize thumbnails in full screen Browser.
- Multi-touch gesture can now be used to rotate images in the Viewer.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize the cropping rectangle when using the Crop tool.
- Gesture support can be enabled or disabled in Preferences.
- Fixes an issue that could sometimes cause the Faces view to be displayed without the Show Unnamed Faces button and zoom slider.
- Resolves various issues naming faces using accented, Japanese, Korean or Simplified Chinese characters.
- Profile photos attached to contacts in Address Book are now displayed with suggested names in the Faces auto-complete menus.
- Shift-clicking snapshots on the Faces corkboard now allows you to make contiguous selections.
- The Home key and End key can now be used to scroll to the top or bottom of the Faces view.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the map in the Edit Location window to draw incorrectly when assigning a location to a Project in Full Screen view.
- In Places, the Show Unplaced Images filter now correctly maintains its state when the Back button is used to navigate the Places map.
- Scrubbing numeric fields with the Shift key held down no longer causes the Adjustments inspector to temporarily disappear when the HUD is docked on the side of the screen.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Inspector HUD to be incorrectly positioned when exiting and entering Full Screen while the HUD is docked.
- Aperture no longer quits unexpectedly if a trackpad gesture is used to change the size of the Retouch brush during a brush stroke.
- Aperture now correctly displays the correct cursor type when switching between draw mode and erase modes when using brushes with a Wacom tablet.
- Published MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr albums now appear in a Web section in the Projects Inspector
- Addresses a problem that could sometimes cause Aperture to became unresponsive while syncing to web published albums.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when trimming audio in full screen mode.
- Resolves an issue that could sometimes cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly while browsing videos.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding when using the Undo and Redo commands after switching from JPEG to RAW master with RAW+JPEG pairs.
- The keyboard shortcut to show Tooltips has been changed from “T” to “Control + T” to prevent accidental activation.
- The Reset All Warnings button in the General Preferences now correctly resets all warnings.
- Fixes an issue that could cause a blank sheet to display when placing a book or print order.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the browser filmstrip to scroll unnecessarily when enabling or disabling various options in the Query HUD.
- Stacking or unstacking images that have been placed on a Light Table no longer Images placed on a Light Table now maintain their proper positions when added or removed from stacks.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the List View to display the incorrect sort order when switching between projects.
- Resolves an issue that could render images incorrectly when viewing them at magnifications of over 400% using the Loupe.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding on quit while updating previews.
- Folders in the source list now spring back closed after objects have been dropped into them, or dragged over and then away from them.
- Slideshow exports are now handled as a background operation and are listed in the Activity window.
The update is a 189.4MB download through Software Update.
[Update: The update has now been added to Apple’s Downloads site, where it’s a 292.02MB download - thanks to iJack for the heads up, as noted in the comments below. - Editor]