Blizzard has patched World of Warcraft 3.1.1, a bug fix patch for the multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMO). The patch mostly addresses issues introduced with the 3.1 content patch released earlier in April, but players should note that talents have once again been reset.
The patch can be downloaded by simply logging into the World of Warcraft client. The update is free, and the full version of the latest expansion pack can be purchased at Amazon.com for US$31.49.
The patch notes in full:
- In order to address issues with the dual talent specialization system, all players will have their talents points refunded. Players who have purchased dual talent specializations will have both specializations reset. Glyphs will not be affected by this reset.
- Characters who are not of the same race or class are once again able to view each others' professions when linked in the chat.
- Fixed an issue in which player and pet nameplates were appearing larger than normal.
- Thrall's throne has been adjusted back to its proper size and the base replaced. He will no longer need to defy gravity.
- Druid leather helms will once again sit properly on their heads.
- Corrected an issue for GeForce2/ATI 7 series card users that would result in critical errors for select actions in game. As a result certain projected textures, like spell effects and targeting circles, will no longer render on some terrain objects.
- Corrected an issue preventing players from earning the achievement, Storming Stormwind. Players who were not properly awarded this achievement for completing the objective should retroactively be granted completion.
- Warlock: Demonology
- Fel Synergy (Rank 1): Corrected the tooltip to now display the proper healing amount.
- Dungeons and Raids
- Caverns of Time: Culling of Stratholme
- Fixed an issue with the outside map not appearing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect skin was being applied to certain classes/races when the Human Illusion buff is cast upon them.
- The mob packs in the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be engaged separately and are no longer linked.