Calf Trail Software on Friday released Geotagalog 1.4, the new version of the company's tracklog-based geotagging utility for Mac OS X. The software allows for precise iPhoto Places support with any digital camera and automatically combines digital photos with location data from a GPS tracklog.
The new version boasts the following fixes and changes:
- Opens tracklogs and displays them on a simple map.
- Losslessly geotags JPEG and RAW photos from a connected digital camera or from files and folders.
- Shows live preview of photo locations while user adjusts geotagging parameters.
- Imports photos into iPhoto with the click of a button.
- Allows photos from any digital camera to appear in iPhoto '09 Places as if they came from a GPS-enabled camera.
- Ability to select individual photo files instead of just folders.
- Non-geotaggable items may now be optionally imported into iPhoto.
- Much better photo loading, adjustment and previewing performance.
- Tracklogs, photo files and folders may now be dropped directly onto the map or Dock icon.
Geotagalog 1.4 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run and retails for an introductory price of $19.95.