Those of you who have been waiting for the promised update to Infinity Blade, your wait is over.
Version 1.1 of the extremely popular hack-n-slash for mobile iOS devices is now available for download from the App Store, and it includes a nice list of goodies:
- 5 new Swords, 5 new Shields, 5 new Helmets, and 1 new set of Armor - Collect and Master them all!
- Maximum Character Level raised from 40 to 45!
- New Enemy - The MARROW FIEND! This creature is rumored to devour its victims, taking their bones for its blade and shield…
- Because it’s awesome, you can now listen to your own music while playing INFINITY BLADE!
- PURCHASE GOLD! Due to popular demand, we have added the ability to buy extra Gold via in-app purchase!
- Optimizations and minor Bug fixes
Infinity Blade is a graphically rich role playing game from Chair, an Epic company, and was created using Epic’s Unreal Engine 3 technology, which can produce amazingly realistic characters and environments. Check out our initial peek at the game, and take a look at The Citadel, a free demo of the Unreal Engine 3 at work.
One feature many have anticipated is the ability to purchase in-game gold, which is used to equip your character with better weapons and armor. Players can now buy gold in 25,000 piece increments for US$0.99 via in-app purchase.
Infinity Blade is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later.