Coladia announced Thursday the release of Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy for Mac OS X. An historical adventure game, Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy challenges the player to solve a series of riddles and puzzles based on the works of Nostradamus, the 16th Century apothecary and prognosticator.
The central mystery involves Catherine de Medici, regent of France. She’s been hit with a curse and needs her doctor, Nostradamus, to find the source of the curse and remove it. Nostradamus, old and ailing, needs the help of his daughter, who must spend part of the game disguised as her own younger brother.
- Defeat the last prophecy of the great philosopher Nostradamus and change the course of history
- Discover the first historical adventure game based on astrology and the prophecies of Nostradamus
- Get ready to investigate a series of murders perilously close to the royal family and become a criminal profiler ahead of time
- You can either be Nostradamus’ daughter or play the role of her brother depending on the situation to help your mystical quest
- Unravel a series of machiavellian riddles and puzzles based not just on astrology but also alchemy, pharmacy and ancient runes
- Dive into Renaissance Provence and discover richly realistic photo-quality background that faithfully recreate the time of Nostradamus
- Get into the action straight away thanks to intuitive gameplay and progressively increasing difficulty level
The game is priced at US$29, and the company offers a free demo version. The trailer below offers a look at game-play.
Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy game trailer