Comcast has released an app for its Xfinity TV service that allows users to control their TV, set their DVR, and view schedules from their iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Simply called Xfinity TV, the app allows you to control your Xfinity settop box over a WiFi or 3G connection to the Internet.
In other words, you can use your iPad (or iPhone/iPod touch) to browse listings and change channels from your couch on the iPad’s excellent display. You can also program your DVR on the go (with an Internet connection). All without using a remote.
Browse TV and On Demand listings, quickly search for your favorite shows and movies, and easily filter by what you watch most.
- Browse TV listings customized to your area
- Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search TV listings and On Demand titles
- Filter shows and movies by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR
- Now you can control your TV and DVR right from the XFINITY TV app. You can change channels, tune to On Demand programs, and schedule your DVR.
- Conveniently change channels right from the app
- Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV
- Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies
- iPad, iPhone (3G, 3GS or 4) or iPod touch (2nd, 3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 4
- Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G)
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control)
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net Email Address (and Password)
The app is free, Comcast’s Xfinity service is not.
Xfinity App Screenshot on iPad