You updated to iTunes 12.1 on your Mac to use the fancy new Notification Center widget in OS X Yosemite, but it's not there. Not to worry, because you just need to enable it, which is pretty easy to do. Read on to learn how.
- First, open Notification Center by clicking its menu bar icon in the upper right corner of your Mac's display.
- Look for the New button at the bottom of the Notification Center view. Whenever an app gets updated with Notification Center widget support, the New button lets you know. Click New so we can edit what shows in Notification Center.
Click New to see your freshly added Notification Center widgets
- Now look for iTunes in the column on the right. Click the green plus button to add it to your Notification Center view.
- You can remove items by clicking the red minus button, and you can click and drag to reorder widgets in the left column so they appear in the order you want.
Widgets you see are on the left, widgets you can add are on the right
- When your widgets are organized just the way you want, click Done.
Click Done when you're finished customizing your Notification Center view
Now that you've customized Notification Center to show just what you want, including the new iTunes widget, you'll be able to start and stop whatever is playing in iTunes or iTunes Radio without first hopping into the app.
Now you'll see iTunes in Notification Center along with your other notifications