Facebook announced on Thursday the release of Facebook 5.0 for iOS, a new version of the social networking giant’s app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The company billed the update as a being faster and easier to use, with faster scrolling, faster photo viewing, and faster access to notifications.
Photo Viewing with Facebook 5
“Today we’re announcing an update to the Facebook app for iPhone and iPad that makes keeping up with friends faster and easier,” Mick Johnson, iOS product manager for Facebook, said in a blog post. “Facebook 5.0 for iOS is twice as fast as the previous version when launching the app, scrolling through news feed and opening photos in feed.”
Patch notes for the release:
- We’ve rebuilt the app so it’s faster and easier to use.
- Scrolling through news feed is faster than ever
- New banner lets you tap to quickly see more stories – no need to refresh
- Photos open fast and close with one downward swipe
- Instant access to your notifications
Facebook for iOS is a hybrid app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It’s a free app, which means the update is free, and it’s available now on the App Store.