- This release candidate is now available in more than 70 languages.
- Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
- The ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for geolocation.
- Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
Please note that a release candidate is not a fully supported release -- Firefox calls it a "sneak peak." Stick with the current version (3.0.11 for Mac OS X as of this writing) if you have an aversion to bugs and other beta-software oriented issues.
The new released is based on Gecko 1.9.1 rendering engine, and is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. The Mac OS X version is a 17.6MB download.