Boinx Software has released an update for iStopMotion, bringing it to version 1.2. iStopMotion is a utility designed for stop motion animation using consumer digital cameras. The update features speed enhancements and improved capture sounds. According Boinx Software
Boinx iStopMotion 1.2 brings a new level of performance to the popular Stop Motion animation and Time Lapse capturing tool for Mac OS X and makes it more fun to use.
Tune into the Web site to see how Santa got captured with iStopMotion while acquiring a new ride.
New Features in 1.2:
- Really huge speed improvements when capturing images. Weire talking about factor 3-6 here. Even on moderately equipped machines (iMac G3) you should now be able to capture Time Lapse with intervals of one second
- New Divided capture click sound into two parts for better feedback. Now you can hear when capturing starts and when it is finished
- New Different and shorter capture sound for Time Lapse. Again different sound that alerts you when a Time Lapse shot fails (e.g. when camera goes into sleep)
- New Switching between multiple input devices is supported. You can use iStopMotion with, e.g., a DV camera and an iSight without problems
- New Export Settings will be remembered in the preferences file
- Fix New Progress Bar for better feedback during long operations like Save and Export
- Fix When buying licenses for iRecordNow and iStopMotion at the same time, the Kagi email can be pasted in and the application will recognise the proper license key
- Fix iStopMotion no longer locks up if either your Mac or your DV camera goes to sleep while running
- Fix This time really sorted out all Panther and QuickTime 6.4 related problems. Hopefully
- Fix Time Lapse counter now correctly counts down to 00:00:00
- Fix Tons of other bug fixes
You can find more information about the iStopMotion update at the iStopMotion Web site. iStopMotion is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$39.95.