Velocomp announced Monday iBike Dash Cycling Computer, a package that includes a case and bicycle mount for the iPhone 4/3G/3GS, as well as an ANT+ sensor for measuring speed and distance, and a free companion app called iBike that cyclists can use to monitor and chart their rides.
Velocomp said the iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount is water and shock resistant, and that it’s made from the same materials used to make modern bicycle helmets. The case is also water resistant.
iBike Dash CC Features:
- Includes ANT+ speed sensor with optional sensors for cadence and HR.
- User customizable touch screens display cycling information in color with unique graphics and animation.
- Easy-to-read large fonts with back-lit display for night-time viewing.
- iPhone’s GPS map capabilities operate seamlessly with the iBike Dash CC, greatly enhancing the rider’s experience.
- Power-based indoor trainer feature.
- Bike odometer.
- Calendar feature keeps track of weekly cycling stats, including calories, miles and speed.
- Easy-to-follow, on-screen instructions and instructional videos.
- “Smart Phone Booth” case houses advanced circuitry and protects iPhone or iPod touch from water and road shock.
- Compatible with iPhone 4/3GS/3 and all iPod touch models.
- Easy to install, use, and move from bike to bike.
- No need for calibration.
- Allows seamless hands-free calls using your iPhone and Bluetooth headset with no interruption to ride data collection.
- Allows full use of touch screen.
- Touch screen works with compatible cycling gloves.
- An optional rechargeable QuickSwap spare battery fits inside the “Smart Phone Booth” to extend the operating time of your iPhone/iPod touch to 7 hours.
The product is available at Apple’s retail Apple Store locations for US$199. The iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount is also sold separately for $49.95.
iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount