Apple's busy Tuesday morning included the release of iOS 7.0.3 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The update for the month-old operating system added iCloud Keychain sync support, and fixed a problem where iMessages were failing to send.
iOS 7.0.3 fixes iMessages bug and adds iCloud Keychain support
The 7.0.3 update also added a password generator to Mobile Safari for creating secure passwords on the fly, added a delay to the lock screen that stops the "slide to unlock" view from immediately appearing when using Touch ID, brought back Wikipedia and Web search support to Spotlight, and improved iWork app stability.
The update also fixed an accelerometer calibration issue, fixed a bug that caused Siri to use low quality voices, fixed a flaw that could bypass the lock screen passcode, improved VoiceOver input sensitivity, reduced motion more when Reduce Motion is activated, added Bold Text to the phone dial pad, and stopped a problem that could allow supervised devices to become unsupervised during updates.
The iMessages, iWork, accelerometer calibration, and lock screen bypass fixes are especially welcome since they've been noticeably annoying problems.
To install the update over the air, do this:
- Tap Settings on your iOS device
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
- When the iOS 7.0.3 update appears, tap Download and Install
To install iOS 7.0.3 via iTunes, do this:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with its sync cable
- Select your iOS device from the iTunes Library column
- Select the Summary tab, then click Check for Update
- Follow iTunes' instructions to complete the upgrade process
iOS 7.0.3 is free and is available as an over the air update, or through iTunes on your computer.