Moscow Woman Electrocuted in Bath while Charging iPhone

23 year old Yaroslav Dubinina was electrocuted earlier this month while surfing social networks on her iPhone in the bath tub in Moscow. The electrocution victim was charging her iPhone at the time, and her roommate found her with the phone sitting at the bottom of the tub still plugged in.

Moscow woman electrocuted in the bath charging her iPhoneMoscow woman electrocuted in the bath charging her iPhone

"I noticed that she had been gone a while, and when I couldn't raise her I opened the door and saw her floating on the water looking pale," roommate Evegenia Svridenko said, according to the Mirror. "I saw her phone which was on charge at the bottom of the bath. Her body was still shaking from the shock."

This isn't the first time someone has died while charging their iPhone. Previously, a woman in China suffered a similar fate when she used an off-brand charger with her iPhone. Apple responded by warning customers in China to avoid using unauthorized chargers with their iPhones, and then launched a world-wide trade in program to replace knock-off chargers with official Apple products for free.

There isn't any word yet on whether the electrocution victim in Moscow was using an official Apple charger. Police are investigating the incident and haven't released any additional information yet.