Virtualization software company Parallels released build 3810 of its Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0 software. The new build, a 171.9 megabyte download, adds a number of new features and other improvements, including:
- DirectX 9.0 with Shaders Model 2 support.
- Windows 7 inside the virtual machine (experimental).
- Apple remote disk support.
- Silent start in Coherence.
- Possibility to drag Windows files to Mac applications in the Dock.
- Possibility to remove a virtual machine from the list with a context menu option.
- Possibility to specify CPU and memory options in the New Virtual Machine assistant.
- Possibility to suspend Boot Camp virtual machines with the help of the "disp.allow_to_suspend_bootcamp_vm=1;" system flag.
- Snow Leopard as a primary operating system (experimental).
- Snow Leopard as a guest operating system (experimental).
- Customer Experience Program SSE4 support (better performance for media applications).
Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0 retails for $79.99 and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run.