The Perian Team, creators of the free Perian QuickTime utility, released version 1.1.3 of their popular utility late Monday. The software allows QuickTime to work with the AVI, FLV, MKV, MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivx, H.264, FLV/Sorenson Spark, FSV1, VP6, H263i, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), and MPEG Layer II Audio file formats, adds AVI support for the AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, and VBR MP3 file formats and adds subtitle support for the SSA/ASS and SRT file formats.
Version 1.1.3, a 3.0 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Enabled Indeo 2/3 decodecs
- Added external idx/sub (VobSub) support
- Added support for H.264 and H.263 in FLV containers
- Apple's decoder now handles Baseline/Main Profile H.264
- Fix inconsistent importing for multi-channel audio
- Reduced memory usage for packed streams
- Added sanity checks on all preferences
- Enabled hack to show subtitles in Front Row
- Fixed negative values in SSA \frz tag
- Fixed VSFilter bug-compatibility for \an
Perian is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later to install and run.