Prosoft Engineering announced Monday the release of Data Rescue 3, an update to the company's do-it-yourself data recovery solution for the Mac. The new version includes speed improvements, a new interface, a new feature called FileIQ, support for more file types, and more.
According to the company, FileIQ allows Data Rescue 3 to learn about new file types from user-supplied samples. This greatly extends the number of potential Reconstructed file types supported.
Other new features:
- Over 100 new Reconstructed file types have been added for Deleted and Deep scans.
- A new File Previewer feature, which can preview many file types prior to recovery.
- The ability to suspend and resume scans, and to manage the results from multiple scans.
- Improved support for scanning Apple software RAID drives
- Improved support for scanning large > 1TB drives
- Improved support for recovering large sparse disk image files
- Improved support for recovering pkzip files
- Improved recovery of hard linked files
- Added ability to unmount or eject a volume (useful when booted from DVD-ROM)
- Automatic check for updated Data Rescue 3 version
- Improved features to assist if a call to Prosoft technical support becomes necessary.
- New Home Folder feature when booted from DVD; avoids the need to re-enter activation key each time it's booted.
- Numerous bug fixes
Upgrading from previous version is priced at US$65. The full version is priced at $99 for a single user license, or $249 for mobile IT pros and IT shops.
Screenshot from Data Rescue 3