MacRailSoft announced Friday the release of RailModeller 3.1.6, an update to the model train and slot car layout design tool for the Mac. The new version makes it easier to manage flextrack, as well as several user-requested features.
Other features in the software:
- Design model railroad and slot car layouts of up to 1000m x 1000m (or 3280ft x 3280ft)
- Build layouts in any scale from Z ("Miniclub") to IIm/G ("LGB", "Aristocraft") simply via drag and drop
- Print in any scale up to 1:1 real world dimensions
- View layouts in 3D
- Export layouts as images
- Automatically maintain partlist to provide an overview of the tracks used and the overall costs
- Keep track of your inventory of tracks using the stock management
- Create your own and customize bundled libraries using the Railset Editor
- Test your layouts by exporting them to TrainPlayer
The update is free to registered users, and the full version is priced at US$39 (and €29 for European customers). The software works in Mac OS X 10.3 or higher, and the company told The Mac Observer that this includes Snow Leopard.
[Update: We updated the article with information on Snow Leopard compatibility. - Editor]