Need some fixes for your sixes after iOS 8.0.1? iTunes can help.
- Download the iOS 8.0 firmware for the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
- Connect your phone to iTunes. With a cable. Like an animal.
- In iTunes, Option (Mac) or Control (Windows) click on Restore.
- Navigate to the iOS 8 firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
- Get a sandwich/soda/bourbon and wait for iTunes to finish restoring to factory settings.
Apple released iOS 8.0.1 late Wednesday morning with fixes for HealthKit, third-party keyboards, Reachability, and more. The update also introduced to really big problems for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus owners: It shut off cell service and Touch ID.
Apple has since pulled the update and is looking into what went wrong. There's no word yet on when an updated updater, sans cell service problems, will be out.
[Some image elements courtesy Shutterstock]