Austrian developer restoroot.com announced Monday the released of Letter Opener 2.2, the company's winmail.dat file converter plug in for Apple Mail. The application processes Microsoft Outlook winmail.dat files without the requirement for a separate, standalone application and as a plug-in, Letter Opener allows Mail.app users to seamlessly convert winmail.dat files to attachments, iCal files, vCards, and more.
The new version adds the following features and fixes:
- Treat attachments within a winmail.dat file like other attachments
- Convert Events, Appointments and Tasks for iCal
- Convert Contacts for Address Book
- Nested Message Handling
- Convert Notes for Mail
- Convert Reports for Mail
- Update Checker: Letter Opener checks for the latest available update at startup
- Fully supports Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.3 (Panther)
Letter Opener 2.2 requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later to install and run and retails for $19.99 EUR (US$28.04) for a single-user license and 9.99 EUR (US$14.01) upgrade for all version 1.x customers.