Apple's latest iPad commercial was released over the weekend ahead of the Grammys music awards event, and drives home the point that the tablet device isn't just a content consumption device. The minute-long spot follows musical artist Elliphant from composition to performance with a new song, and the iPad is a key part of that process.
Apple shows off iPad's musical abilities in new ad
The ad shows Elliphant working on lyrics, recording ideas for parts of a song, sharing audio samples with her engineer, on-stage remixing, and filming performances with an iPad—all of which goes well beyond simply consuming music.
Here's what Apple highlighted in ad:
- Apple Notes, included with iOS 8, for writing lyrics and other thoughts
- GarageBand for recording audio and instrumental parts
- Apogee MiC for voice recording
- iMPC Pro for making audio samples and beats for songs
- NanoStudio for audio mixing
- Serato Remote for live audio remixing during performances
- Manual Camera for precise camera controls when filming performances
In other words, Elliphant has a mobile recording studio in an iPad.