[Updated 11/24/2014: This giveaway has concluded—the winner is TMO member Chantallation. Come back for more giveaways in the future! - Bryan]
I am pleased as punch to announce a giveway for our readers today. Through our sponsor Arcsoft, you can register to win a Simplicam, the company's Wi-Fi-powered home security camera. All you have to do is post a comment below letting us know you'd like to win.
Simplicam is a nifty device we first looked at during CES 2014. Sitting on a stand or mounted on a wall, Simplicam is on all the time, and it can alert you when it senses motion or sound. You can live stream 720p video to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, or to your Mac or PC. Using a companion service called Closeli, you can store footage in the cloud, too. Here's what it looks like:
Simplicam by ArcSoft
Simplicam goes one better, though, because it has an optional facial detection feature (US$5 per month) that can alert you when it sees a face, rather than, say, your cat, which is up on the kitchen counter just as you suspected!
With Simplicam, you can monitor your house while you're on vacation, at work, or just wondering what the kids (and don't forget that cat!) are doing while you're running errands.
- To enter, tell us you want to win in the comments. Only one entry per person—duplicates will be ignored.
- Make sure you're using a real email address for your account, because you'll be notified by email. If you registered on TMO through Twitter, add an email address to your TMO user profile. In fact, just check your profile and make sure your email address is correct, because if we don't hear back from the winner within 24 hours, we'll choose another.
- Open only to residents of the U.S. You must be 18 or older to be eligible.
- The winner will be chosen randomly from eligible comments. I might use my D&D dice.
- The winner gets one Simplicam, one year of facial detection, and one year of Closeli cloud storage ($49.95) for use with your Simplicam.
- You have until 12:00 PM EST on Monday, November 24th, to enter.