Toys“R”Us on Thursday announced the launch of its iPod trade-up program, which will help customers exchange their previously used iPods for an iPod trade-up card that can be immediately used towards the purchase of a new Apple iPod.
The in-store only program extends from Sunday October 17 through Saturday October 23.
Customers can participate in the iPod trade-up program at over 550 Toys“R”Us stores in the United States as follows:
- Up to three used iPods, in working condition, may be brought to a Toys“R”Us Guest Services desk.
- Once it has been confirmed that the iPods are in working order and not visibly damaged, values will be offered for each of the iPods, based on the unit’s model and age.
- Customers confirm that they want to accept the offer to exchange any, or all, of the iPods they brought to the store.
- Once the transaction is complete, customers receive an activated iPod trade-up card equal to the total worth of all iPods traded.
- Immediately upon receiving the gift card, customers can purchase the latest Apple iPod.
The maximum trade-up amount payable is US$100.00. Children under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian with them. Toys“R”Us stores carry all of the latest Apple iPods, including the 64 GB iPod touch 4G.