Check out this Kickstarter project called Micro Phone Lens 150x, a tiny lens and light combo that turns your iPhone, iPad, or other smartphone and tablet into a 150x microscope. it works a little differently than other lenses—you place the Micro Phone Lens on your device's camera, shine a special light at it, and then place what you want to examine in a slide on top of the lens. Talk about bringing science to your desktop! Thomas Larson is looking to raise US$50,000 to bring the product to market, and he's alrady raised $39,772 with 28 days to go. Funding options that get just the lens start at $29, while the lens and light combo starts at $39.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Watch Sales Decline 71% in Third Quarter Thanks to Late Series 2 Intro
- Apple Beta Testing Improved iCloud Photos Interface
- UK Police Circumvent iOS Encryption By Snatching iPhone Out of Suspect's Hands
- Apple Tells NHTSA That All Autonomous Car Prototypes Are Created Equal
- UK Study Finds 99% of Fake iPhone Chargers Fail Safety Test
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Al Gore Meets with Donald Trump: 4 Things They Might Have Discussed
- Apple Removes Fashion Executive Paul Deneve from Leadership Site [Update]
- How Apple Might be Our Last Hope Before the Internet Dies
- Social Networks Can Learn from Apple to Solve 'Fake News'
- Playing Catch-up on macOS Sierra, Printer Wars, Knockoff Apple Watch Straps
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.