Mac Geek Gab #111: iTunes, Imaging (drives), iPhone tips, and Intriguing New Questions
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For Monday, July 16th, 2007
Dave and John talk through iTunes password and large file-management issues, share some tips about cloning your old Mac up to your new one, play some very interesting reader comments about the iPhone, and answer new questions about printing, Mail, and more!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- How Surge Protectors Work (via howstuffworks)
- Siemens Gigaset 2420 Support
- Digital Life NYC (use source code INSIDER for discount)
- Microsoft Bob
- Use Bob
- Jawbone headset
- Repair iTunes Password Polling
- The MacCore
- iPhone AT&T Fine Print Contract
- Motorola KRZR K1m
- Motorola KRZR K1m Review (via SkatterTech, comments include great tips!)
- Setup Bluetooth DUN with your Verizon mobile and your Mac (includes forcing PAP)
- Forcing 1xRTT on Verizon RAZR and similar (careful!)
- Motorola Phone Tools 4
- Verizon Wireless v710 Settlement
- P2kCommander (Motorola phone file manager, Windows only?)
- moto4lin (Motorola phone file manager for Mac)
- Getting Your Motorola Phone Connected in OS X
- Location X
- OWC Mercury RAID reconfigure
- FireWire Depot Firmware Reconfiguration Page
- USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter
- Podcast and New Media Expo
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.