Mac Geek Gab #122: From PMNE, WireTap Studio, Travel Tips, Show Floor Thoughts and More
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Sunday, September 30th, 2007
At the Podcast and New Media Expo, John and Dave share their reactions from what they saw at the show, products and sessions alike. And, of course, being on the road the two geeks share their travel experiences and tips.
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Podcast and New Media Expo
- Blue Snowball
- Wiretap Studio
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Jing Project
- Snapz Pro
- audioengine Announces Subwoofer, A5 in Bamboo
- MXL Mic Mate
- iProng iPod/iPhone Experts Panel
- Association for Downloadable Media
- Interactive Advertivising Bureau
- Google SMS
- Charging a Motorola RAZR over USB
- Arizona Time Zone is MST
- DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP)
- The King's Head Pub and Restaurant
- Paul's Birthday Bash
- Culture Catch Salon @ PME 2007
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.