Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Monday, November 19th, 2007
John and Dave are back again, discussing bad blocks, Leopard tweaks, migrating from Outlook to the Mac, and encrypting your email. Great stuff here this week, folks. Subscribe for free in iTunes today!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Dave on TMUP
- WiebeTech Low Cost USB DriveDock
- NewerTech Universal Drive Adapter
- Back to My Mac
- Universal Plug and Play
- Programm CheckPlugin CanoScan 5000F
- Win a Platinum or Super Pass to Macworld Expo
- Encryption tutorial for Mail.app
- How to enable Encryption on Mail.app
- Dave's Macworld Expo Session: Running your Mac Lean, Clean and Mean
- O2M - Convert Outlook to Mac
- Black Friday
- Mac OS X Leopard
- Stay at Hotel Milano for Macworld Expo with TMO's Discount!
- Dave's "Running Your Mac Lean, Clean, and Mean" session at MWSF08
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.