Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For March 12, 2007
Today's mailbag episode includes topics like Syncing, Recording, Networking, and Small Business software, including an impromptu rave about FileMaker by Dave. Don't miss it!
Sponsor: Yojimbo: Your effortless, reliable information organizer for Mac OS X. It will change your life, without changing the way you work.
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Today's rendition of our theme song by Robert from JR Graphx
- Podcast iPod Rebooting Bug Fixed
- The X Lab
- Apple Store Fifth Avenue
- Treo 650
- Tungsten T2
- Missing Sync for Palm OS
- Palm and Mac
- Palm Desktop for Mac
- Now Up-To-Date & Contact
- Lotus EasySync Pro
- Griffin iTalk Pro
- XtremeMac MicroMemo
- Belkin TuneTalk
- Olympus Digital Recorders
- Marantz PMD660
- Edirol R-09
- Zoom H4
- TMO's Apple Weekly Report about Portable Audio Recorders
- Broadcast vs. Multicast
- IP Address Classes (including broadcast and multicast)
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Business Overview
- SMART Technologies
- Pink Panther
- Time in Indiana
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Future Sonics Ear Monitors custom-fitted earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.