John and Dave are back at it, this time with not only answers to your questions, but a quick primer on iOS 7 for those of you that have updated or are just about to do so. Topics this week include managing your sharing settings so you know what data others can see, shutting down a pesky computer, trusting your iTunes purchase history, and answering a few questions about restoring from backups (always an important topic!). Download and enjoy!
MGG 467: iOS 7 Tips, iTunes 11.1 Podcast Help, & More!
Sponsor: Transporter is an off-cloud social storage drive for sharing, accessing and backing up your files in real time. Works with Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Windows. Use coupon code 'MGG' for 10% off!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- iPhone 5s (1:05)
- How to Check Your iPhone Upgrade Eligibility (Verizon)
- Verizon Device Recycling Program (3:25)
- iTunes 11.1 (11:26)
- Downcast for Mac
- Instacast for Mac
- iTunes Podcasts
- Hard-to-Find iOS 7 Settings (35:18)
- Forward Spam Text Messages to 7726 to Report Them
- Nine iOS 7 Features That Aren’t Available on All Apple Devices
- Free iOS 7 Parallax Wallpapers
- Dropcam (1:00:11)
- Carat (1:05:40)
- Petzila Pet Cam (1:08:53)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.