Dave and John wrap up this crazy week by digging into Mavericks, helping you understand why you should (or shouldn't) install it, and what to do after you have it up and running. There's also the normal set of questions, too, with subjects including fixing your muted sound, saving Google Maps offline, and where to add more Ethernet ports. All this and more in this week's episode. Download today. It's free!
MGG 472: Mavericks, Gmail, Activity Monitor, Ethernet and Offline Google Maps
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- SPONSOR: Connected Data’s Transporter - Use code MGG50 for US$50 off any Transporter
- Transporter iOS App
- Verizon Trade In Program DO NOT USE!!! Use AT&T or Gazelle (5:20)
- Amazon Trade-In Program (7:05)
- Apple Special Event. October 22, 2013
- Dave Got Caught (via @TheMacMommy) (8:45)
- iPad Air (9:30)
- How to manually create a Mavericks Installer (14:34)
- DiskMaker X (20:35)
- How to Move OS X Mavericks’ Dock (24:56)
- iStat Menus 4 (34:35)
- Use nettop command to check per-application network activity in OS X (35:35)
- How To Make Gmail and OS X Mavericks Play Well Together (36:43)
- Have Some Fun with OS X Mavericks’s New In-Line Special Characters Menu (45:40)
- Looking for Those ‘Free’ iWork and iLife apps? Start Here (53:58)
- Use ‘ok maps’ to save Google Maps offline (1:06:11)
- Monoprice 8-port GigaBit Switch (1:13:05)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.