Yep, another one of Dave's iMacs is having boot problems. It's mayhem! That's OK, he and John talk through possible resolution and also when not to assume you know the answer (hint: always!). Then it's on to maintaining your iTunes accounts, finding (and removing) any adware, and an unpublished solution to Yosemite's incrementing hostname issue. All this and more. Download today and enjoy!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Winter solstice (1:58)
- iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) - Technical Specifications (2:48)
- Move your data to a new Mac (14:38)
- OS X Yosemite: Transfer files between two computers using target disk mode
- Deauthorize all computers from iTunes
- OS X Yosemite: Set up Family Sharing (26:34)
- iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer (30:30)
- Remove unwanted adware on your Mac (39:35)
- Removing Adware with AdwareMedic
- OS X: About Gatekeeper
- Stop Yosemite from Changing your Mac's name (48:03)
- Techtool Pro (50:28)
- How to use Activity Monitor (57:51)
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Receiver
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.