Your two favorite geeks celebrate this day where they get to do one of their favorite things: geek out about all this Mac, Apple and Tech! There might be something else happening afterwards, but to start this day, Dave and John answer some of the most important questions of the week: what is memory compression? How to run OS X from The Terminal? All this and much more. Download and enjoy today!
MGG 538: Pre-Game With The Geeks
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Super Bowl XLIX
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 With WiFi Fixes
- Apple Support Featured Downloads
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Combo Update
- Safari 8 (Yosemite): Manage cookies and website data
- Polycom Communicator for Skype (10:09)
- USB 3.0 Hard Drives Can Cause Wi-Fi Interference
- I sometimes have difficulty with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices when USB 3 devices are attached to my computer. What could be wrong?
- Onyx (18:25)
- Prevent Mac Disasters
- plutil (PList Utility)
- Use the plutil program to test for corrupt preferences
- Preferential Treatment
- Lynda’s Unix for OS X Users course (37:52)
- Terminal (OS X) (41:57)
- OS X Advanced Technologies (including Compressed Memory) (46:32)
- How to use Activity Monitor
- Amped TAP-EX (1:06:57)
- Netgear Nighthawk Wi-Fi Range Extender AC1900 (EX7000)
- Star Trek "Home Soil" Episode
- Electromagnetic Hypersensitity
- Can you Hear the Difference between 16-bit audio and higher?
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.