Junk mail management, Bluetooth audio mysteries, calendar searching, portable speaker solutions and some page-in/page-out clarity are just a scant few of the issues discussed by your two favorite geeks today. That, plus some geek-fueled Cool Stuff Found rounds out the episode (next week is your turn, send 'em in!).
MGG 579: Bluetooth Audio, Calendar Management and Swap Explained
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. Pre-order your Thunderbolt 2 Dock today for just $249.
Sponsor: Harry's provides guys a great shaving experience for a fraction of the price. High quality blades, shave cream and accessories shipped to your door on your schedule. Visit Harrys.com and use coupon code SHAVE5OFF to save $5 off your first purchase!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications (including System Requirements) (2:44)
- Roaring Apps El Capitan Compatibility List
- Official Gmail Blog - New in Labs: Advanced IMAP Controls (10:05)
- Mail Act-On
- Migrate a Time Machine backup (networked) (18:27)
- Time Machine: How to transfer backups from a current backup drive to a new backup drive (direct connect)
- Use ‘tmutil’ to inherit older backups
- OS X El Capitan: If you see a message that you must create a new backup
- IOGEAR Bluetooth 4 Adapter (33:37)
- Google Cast-supported apps (36:55)
- Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Receiver
- Antec Smartbean
- Antec SmartBean (Amazon)
- JBL Synchros S400BT
- JBL Syncrhos S400BT (Amazon)
- Westone ES2 (custom fits)
- Blue MoFi
- Blue MoFi (Amazon)
- OS X El Capitan: Adjust your computer’s sound output settings (51:28)
- Audio MIDI Setup: Your Mac’s Secret Sound Manager
- iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting (55:12)
- Fantastical for iPhone
- Busycal for Mac
- Mac Developer Library - About the Virtual Memory System (1:04:03)
- Use Activity Monitor on your Mac (Memory)
- Page-ins don’t only come from swap
- JBL Pulse 2 (1:17:40)
- JBL Pulse 2 (Amazon)
- JBL Flip 3 (1:20:35)
- JBL Flip 3 (Amazon)
- JBL Xtreme (1:21:46)
- JBL Xtreme (Amazon)
- SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick (1:24:03)
- SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick (Amazon)
- Repartitioning Tool back in Drive Genius (1:28:46)
- TYLT Smart Charger (1:29:09)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.