Searching in iPhone Mail, managing Gmail's unable-to-connect errors, DNS configuration, setting up a computer to ignore the Internet (it happens!), virtualization software and audio discussions (including Bluetooth headphone lag on the Mac). Download today and enjoy!
MGG 583: Curiosity is Awesome… Unless You’re the Cat
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (3:06)
- imap.gmail.com versus imap.googlemail.com (5:24)
- Sync Gmail, Calendar and Contacts on your iPhone and iPad
- Gmail iOS App
- RiparaCapo (11:07)
- Permissions Repair in El Capitan Returned by Onyx
- www.whatsmyip.org (14:05)
- Domain Name System (DNS) (18:00)
- Namebench (find your fastest DNS server, may NOT be your ISP)
- What is a Subnet Mask? (27:41)
- How-to: Set time limits on your Wi-Fi network using AirPort Utility
- Little Snitch (36:58)
- How to install Windows using Boot Camp (41:28)
- VMWare Fusion
- Parallels Access
- Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac (48:08)
- OS X El Capitan: Remove a backed-up item from your backup disk
- How to move your iTunes library to a new computer (1:02:03)
- Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) (1:06:41)
- Do NAS devices affect sound quality?
- SoundBot SB221 Bluetooth Headphone Wireless Headset (1:15:54)
- Soundbot SB221 (Amazon)
- NETGEAR R8500 Router (1:21:31)
- Lantronix xPrintServer
- Archt One Speaker (1:30:26)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.