QuickTips, including offline dictation on iOS, audio sync with AirPlay and 25 hidden iPhone features. Then your questions are answered, including moving backups from one drive to another, a strangely-starting MacBook, what the best small desktop speakers and what to do with lost+found items. All this and more, just for you!
MGG 590: This is Why You Listen All The Way Through to The End
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing. Coupon code MGG saves you 20%!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Quick Tip: Offline Dictation with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus (5:12)
- How to Use the Command Line to Make the Dock Appear Faster on Your Mac (7:04)
- Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from iTunes on your computer (8:31)
- 25 hidden iPhone features that are really, truly hidden (10:31)
- Download your past purchases (13:22)
- How to use QuickTime Player (15:46)
- Disk Utility (El Capitan): Restore a disk image to a disk (19:06)
- Plex (27:30)
- OS X: About OS X Recovery (33:14)
- Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac
- Audioengine A2+ Speaker (40:47)
- A5+ Speakers
- Designate a System Photo Library in Photos (54:00)
- Getting started with Apple’s Photos
- kmttg OS X Installation (1:05:13)
- OWC Retina MacBook Pro SSD upgrades
- OS X Terminal file(1) command (1:12:25)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.